11 Oct 2017
3 min read
As the name itself suggests, a typical 60 minute Piloxing class includes boxing, but it is so much more than just that. Another core component of the class is Pilates, and then there is a dance segment where you will get to try out some hip hop, salsa and ballet moves! “Individually, each component is great, but when all are combined in a class, we get to experience the best of them all— the grace of Pilates, the power of boxing and the funkiness of dance,” says Priti. It is this dynamic combination that she loves about Piloxing.
- Starts with standing Pilates, transitions to cardio-pumping boxing movements and then dance
- Incorporates formats such as interval and barefoot training to burn maximum calories and increase stamina
- A complete muscle-toning workout that uniquely blends the power, speed and agility of boxing with the targeted sculpting and flexibility exercises of Pilates
- Fast-paced and high-interval training that builds both strength and muscle endurance
With the dynamic combination that is Piloxing, we get to experience the grace of Pilates, the power of boxing and the funkiness of dance
Now, there are many group exercises available, but what makes Piloxing stand out amongst them? According to Priti, it is the class’s interval format and how it allows students of varying fitness levels to participate together in a Piloxing class. Moreover, all classes are choreographed in such a way that there are transitions from high intensity to active recovery. This makes Piloxing one of the most effective and safe fitness programmes today.
- Tones your arms (courtesy of boxing) and maximises cardiovascular health
- Guaranteed to burn between 900-1,000 calories every session
- Encourages dynamic flexibility,which enhances your posture, balance and stabilisation
Whether you are a novice or a seasoned fitness fiend—young or old—Piloxing is for you. Priti emphasises this by stating that since intensity depends on one’s fitness level, anyone can do it. She advises that you consult your physician or your trainer before starting this regimen. She also adds that if you have any movement restrictions, then you should inform your trainer so that (s)he can give you modifications during the class.
Piloxing classes are being conducted in various gyms, and Nepal’s first ever Official Master Class with International Master Trainers will be held on August 13, 2016. Become a certified Piloxing SSP instructor by attending this 9-hour hands-on workshop. Contact Preeti Rai at 9803375764 or the VMAG office for more information.